Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why is my computer labeling this computer game as a virus?

I recently downloaded a game for my laptop but AVG keeps saying it's a virus and doesn't let me play it. how can i let my computer know it's not a virus?Why is my computer labeling this computer game as a virus?
You're going to have to be more specific about which game you've downloaded, and where you downloaded it from.



If you got the game from a torrent, chances are, it likely IS a virus. AVG is pretty good about these sort of things, and many downloaded games on torrents or freeware sites will hold viruses meant to do all sorts of mean things, such as steal information, screw with your settings, or just outright crash your system.



My recommendation is to simply delete the whole thing, and either download the game from their official site, assuming it was free to begin with, or buy the game, assuming you pirated it. With the amount of viruses and malware out there, it's not worth trying to pirate games.

No comments:

Post a Comment