Wednesday, March 7, 2012

To who do I propose a computer game idea?

For a few weeks, I have thought up a great computer game that I think would be very marketable. I have no computer programming skills, but I played a lot of the SimCity games as a kid and know how these strategy-based games work (my game idea follows a similar logic as SimCity). I know that most game companies have their own on-staff writers for games, but there must be companies out there that are seeking fresh, marketable ideas. Has anybody gone through this process before and help an eager designer out?To who do I propose a computer game idea?
Game companies have an endless supply of ideas. Ideas have a very low market value unless they become successful or at least get implemented. This is because you can get loads of ideas from a brainstorming session but trying them out is expensive and taking commercial gambles on them is very expensive. You could give it away by posting on various forums and hope someone takes note.



If you can boil down the idea to a few very simple mechanics then you could ask a friend of a friend to make a simple prototype. Then you would at least have something to prove the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment