Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is it bad to play a computer game while my laptop is charging?

I have a MacBook Pro laptop and it charges much much slower when I play my computer game, The Sims 3, and charge it at the same time. I have only done this once or twice, but I wonder if it is bad for my computer and if it will make the battery life shorter?Is it bad to play a computer game while my laptop is charging?
the reason it charges slower is because you are using some of the power that is being charged into while it is being charged. i use my laptop all the time when it is charging and nothing bad has happened yet.
Actually, the thing to to when you play games is to take out the battery, and leave the laptop plugged in. I have a PC laptop, but they all work the same way.



It would also be a good idea to check from time to time to see if your laptop is overheating. Simply feel the bottom. If it's getting unusually warm, quit and let it cool down. This is important, as when a laptop overheats, vital internal components get damaged, such as the motherboard and hard drive. You will actually have to quit! Pausing leaves the game in memory, and the game continues to render frames.



To answer your question, playing games at all with your battery will make your battery life shorter, especially demanding ones like Sims 3. Just follow my advice, and you'll be fine.



- MrProgramXIs it bad to play a computer game while my laptop is charging?
Um, i dont think it'll be charging slower, i think the game is just taking up too much battery that it cant charge and keep its battery life at the same time.



Get it?
No. It takes longer because you are using some of the available power to run your machine. It will not hurt your computer to play on it when charging.Is it bad to play a computer game while my laptop is charging?
it is using more power in the processor and ram. this will use some power from the cord making it carge slower.
No but the charge will take longer.
does not matter. Everything will be fine. Just got to wait a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment